2/8/11

Tuesday's New Releases 2-8-2011


Motorhead
The World Is Yours
Finally, this week Motorhead's new album hits the shelves in America. It's the band's 20th album and it fucking kicks ass like all their 19 previous albums. If you don't buy this album on Tuesday, you're a god dam pussy. Let's make Motorhead #1.

Oh ya, that's the good stuff.


And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead
Toa of the Dead
Great name for a metal band, you can just imagine the trail of dead motherfuckers lining the streets outside their shows. The album cover is crazy and intense, something probably more appropriate for a graphic novel or movie poster; not sure if this album is telling some kind of story where these characters are involved, nice seeing the Fantastic Mr. Fox on there. This is their 7th album, and since their last album in 2009 came in on the Billboard 200 at #169, I'm curious to see how the new one will fair.



I enjoyed this song. You? Actually reminded me of Oasis a little, which I definitely wasn't expecting.

Cut Copy
Zonoscope
I really should just cut and copy the bands info here as a homage to their name, but I'm not going too. They're a synpop band form Australia and this is their third full length album. I've never listened to them, I've never heard of them, but I do like the album cover; it's fun.








Oh ya this shit is awesome. I want to travel back in time to an 80s night club and dance to this shit. Wonder if they just copy pasted this song form some other band, lol, I need to stop using that joke.


Esben and the Witch
Violet Cries
Great band name, great title, and great cover album. These British indie rockers are preparing to drop their debut full studio album, and I'm intrigued. Looks like Britain has icy winters too.






I definitely preferred starring at the chick over young Jesus or Nerdo, otherwise I found this song hauntingly sung in a distinct modern fashion. Band seems like they could be interesting to explore. Cheers.

Dave Hause
Resolutions
Guitarist from The Loved Ones, punk and thrash rocker Dave Hause is dropping his first full studio album. Dave sadly could only afford one production photo for his new album and just as the photographer was getting ready to 'click', somthing distracted him. Was it a person, tv, a bird flying into his window? I don't know, but I hope the answer is hidden somwhere in the album.




So, this guy build his name in the punk and thrash community huh......not sure if this is a departure for his solo album but I'm not really hearing those foundations here. Kind of a poppy rock song, do like the drumming, probably would have like this song more when I was 14, but it's a decently written song though some of the verses feel overly stuffed with lyrics.
Lionize
Destruction Manuel
This young reggae outfit is so new they don't even have a wikipedia page, which made me have to put actual effort into finding out about them. That's strike 1 Lionize. So, they're gonna be on Warped Tour this summer, they're young and hard rocking, and......let's take a listen.







Alright so this video doesn't have the best sound quality. My question is, I read in some interview that these guys were like a modern reggae band, that does not sound like reggae to me; maybe southern rock. Hard to really pin point my thoughts on this group till I find a better clip lol. If you give a fuck you can look them up yourselves.

Thompson Square
Thompson Square
What a creepy album cover. I know this is Thompson Square's debut album, but I really think this cover would have been better served if this singer/songwriter couple had tragically died before it's release. They just look very ghostly on the album, almost like they're fading away. Oh well...........ya...let's give it a sample listen.






Hmmm...that chick's hair is so distracting I can't decide how hot she is. Oh well, song is enjoyable but nothing special. God dam, vocally they just sound like every other country artist, nothing special. Be interesting to see how they debut, really have no idea how popular they are in the country music world.

Teddy Thompson
Bella
I before yesterday, I had never heard of Teddy Thompson. Apparently he came from two famous musician parents, who I've also never heard of, and not surprisingly he seems to be having trouble making it in America. Well Teddy, good name, we'll give a track from your 5th album a listen. Lol, love how Teddy is starring at his own name on the cover probably thinking, "they better have fucking spelt that shit correctly."



Pretty good Teddy. Well sung, decent song, like the country twang in there. Might be worthwhile to mine deeper into your body of work. Definitely better song than half that shit pumping out of country radio these days.

Yanni
Truth of Touch
Oh Yanni, you contemporary instrumental wizard, what's going on lately? Looks like you got a new album coming out, you're 14th studio album, dam that's a lot of albums. I'm gonna level with you Yanni, the new album is really creeping me out. You got this intense look in your eyes like your undressing me, and than I look at the name of the album and.......well you can see why I'm not going to let my children listen to this album. Not sure we're tight enough for truth touching just yet buddy. Also either wear a fucking beard or shave, this two day growth your wearing I'm really not feeling.



Gotta admit I don't know alot of Yanni's work (outside of him kind of being a punchline) but shit, he's getting fucking work done here. Sorry I ever doubted you buddy, I certainly here talent in this song.


Crowbar
Sever the Wicked Hand
America's favorite Sludge Metal band Crowbar is back with their 9th album. Though I have never really listened to the music of Crowbar, I am newly interested in the group as lead vocalist and guitarist, Kirk Windstein, is also a member of great metal bands Down and Kingdom of Sorrow. So be like me and give this band a try if your already not an addict. The album cover reminds me of Clash of the Titans, the original but that fucking atrocity of a remake.






Dam that shit is fucking awesome, think I might have to check out the rest of this album.

Next Week: Bright Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment