2/1/11

ROTR Official Lineup


Alright folks after months of speculating, hoping, and rumor posting this is ROTR Year 5's official lineup. For anyone awake at the crack of dawn to see it right as it was posted you know the aggravation of a failed server, and facebook idiots who are too stupid to actually list bands and instead type things like "woot, hellyeah". The first band that actually loaded on the page for me was A Perfect Circle and I was pleasantly pleased. Like I said in previous blog post, though AP wasn't hugely rumored for the festival you just never know with Maynard and company. I actually saw the full lineup only after ROTR changed their facebook picture to the new lineup poster and to be honest I was a bit disappointed. Let me explain.

As happy as I was with A Perfect Circle being there, I was very disappointed to see Avenged Sevenfold as the second band listed and therefore very highly likely to be the second headliner. After yearning for Soundgarden, System of A Down, and the Foo Fighters, Avenged Sevenfold was a real let down. When the fuck did they become big enough to headline ROTR, especially over Disturbed who headlined over them just this past summer on the Uproar Tour (not to mention they just did a co-headlining tour with Stone Sour); doesn't make sense to me. Myself, and a good portion of the Internet, were wrong in thinking Linkin Park would be there (dam I should have went to their show last week in St. Paul). If Linkin Park or another true headliner were listed I would be much happier with the lineup, as it stands there are a lot of good bands present but lacking that wow factor. No Bush, no On Day as A Lion, pretty much all bands to be expected. I was surprised by Danzig being there.

Oh well this is just a rambling post of my thoughts a mere hour after the lineup was posted. What did you think?

8 comments:

  1. I am horribly disappointed by the lineup as well. Like you said, alot of good bands, but not amazing wow ones. I'm sorry, but APC is not headline worthy and yet they are going to be playing after someone like Disturbed/Korn/Stone Sour/Staind? Now if Maynard was bringing Tool, that would've been headliner/wow worthy. Don't get my wrong, I love about 70% of the bands listed so it should be a good weekend, but all in all, this is the lineup I'm least interested in seeing out of the 5 years. Plus Friday Night's pre-party with Steel Panther & Lez Zepplin? Pass..

    ReplyDelete
  2. same as you why the fuck is avenge sevenfold headlining i went back to sleep thinking it was a bad dream but its not hopefully they will have a suprise big band in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vastly disappointed in this lineup. Most of these are the same repeat bands I've already seen on tour. What a waste of all that hype.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually pleased with the lineup. I hate Linkin Park, and the Foo Fighters do nothing for me, so I was really hoping they wouldn't be there. I don't get why Avenged Sevenfold is headlining, but A Perfect Circle is one of the bands I've been wanting to see for quite a while. Danzig is the cherry on top for me, and Red Fang is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avenged sevenfolds not one of my favorite bands but i will say they did put on a hell of a show in 2009. With that show being the last show they peformed with the rev I expect them to bring their A game. Last year didn't really have a wow headliner in limp bizkit but I was pleasantly surprised with how they performed. I'm not saying I'm happy about avenged sevenfold headlining but who knows maybe they'll put on an insane show in honor of the rev. Either way I'm happy with a perfect circle hl (hopefully Saturday) and all in all it's a decent lineup not their best not their worst. I will say I couldve definitely done with out Hollywood undead being there but not to bad of a lineup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw anyone else notice they say over 40 bands playing and only 38 are listed? Excluding steel panther and lez zeppelin but that still would only bring it to 40

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ anonymous...i did notice that...do you think that they are going to release more bands as it gets closer? i think they did that last year...but i cant remember...

    @muse-zach...i have been coming to your site forever...i think that you do an amazing job in your research...and just wanted to say thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe a few smaller bands nothin to major. Unless everyone keeps bitchin about avenged sevenfold being the headliner then maybe if were extremely lucky they go get a new headliner lol but very doubtful.

    ReplyDelete