1/29/11

Rock on The Range Rumors: Guessing The Lineup

Only 3 Days remain until the ROTR lineup is revealed and the rumor mill has pretty much dried up. The only thing really to note is two new rock tours. First, Three Days Grace announced the initial dates for their US tour with My Darkest Days, which so far runs from the end of March till mid April. Second, the Avalanche Tour was announced featuring Stone Sour, Theory of A Deadman, Skillet, Halestorm, and Art of Dying. The tour starts at the end of March and runs through May 1. With none of these tours touching down in Columbus, all are possibilities for ROTR.

Also adding to possible speculation, Tampa Florida announced their 98 Rockfest lineup for April. The lineup consist of the entire Avalanche tour plus 3 Doors Down and Seether. While doubtfully a huge indication, smaller radio festivals are routinely made up of a number of the bands who play ROTR each year.

So with little else to mention in way of rumors, here is my predicted list of who will be at ROTR 2011. I compiled this list by looking at tours, reading interviews, talking to friends, thinking over rumors, and purely speculating.


Headliners:
Linkin Park
Foo Fighters

On large US tour, Ohio seems strangely absent form Link Park's itinerary and as one of the biggest rock bands in the US they feel like a shoe in. As much as I'd love Soundgarden, System of A Down, or The Red Hot Chili Peppers to headline, their camps have been so silent lately about any kind of touring, while the Foo have been dropping nuggets of info about a big tour and new album just around the corner.

Stone Sour
Avenged Sevenfold
Staind
Alter Bridge
Korn
Three Days Grace

Tempted to put Disturbed on here as well but choose Three Days Grace based on all the rumors surrounding them, though they did play ROTR just last year. Korn may be a reach as well.

Bush
A Perfect Circle
One Day As A Lion

These are kind of wild card picks. You never know what A Perfect Circle is going to do (playing Edgefest in Toronto), and One Day As A Lion is playing Coachella so maybe. As for Bush, they need to do something to be people interested in their reunion.

Saving Abel
A Day To Remember
In This Moment
Sevendust
Hollywood Undead
The Damned Things
Hinder
Trapt
Cage The Elephant
Chevelle
Five Finger Death Punch
Papa Roach
Down
Halestorm
Skillet
The Art of Dying
My Darkest Days
Times of Grace
Theory of A Deadman
Trust Company
Black Stone Cherry
Finger Eleven

I don't have a full list of 38 bands mostly because there are no doubt going to be some smaller bands that are off my radar. So there are my picks (guesses), definitely are a number of other bands not listed that could be there. A number of repeats for last year sadly, but what can you do. So what do you think of my list, anyone I left off? Do you have a better list?

10 comments:

  1. All That Remains
    and
    Sick Puppies - on their twitter they said they were gonna be back in columbus, ohio soon
    http://twitter.com/SickPuppies/status/23664110591807489

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your guesses are even close this will be the best ROTR to date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably add HELLYEAH and possibly CAKE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully your wrong about the Foo Fighters

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love to see hellyeah or mudvayne,all that remains,hail the villain, and id much rather see tool than a perfect circle but id take what I can get. This line up is badass! Just have to wait till tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. art of dying!!!! YES!!!! www.artofdyingmusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice lineup! I also hope that your wrong though about the Foo Fighters and its SOAD. I would say Sick Puppies, All That Remains, and 10 years will be there. And I doubt Hellyeah will be there since its in Columbus. I don't think Vinnie Paul will play in Columbus since that's where his brother was killed on stage. And what about Seether and 3 doors down since they are showing up on the avalanche tour??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think there are way too many repeats on this list, even if you only count last year, making the following doubtful - A7X, A Perfect Circle, Staind, Alter Bridge, Korn, A Day to Remember, Trapt, Finger Eleven, and probably more that I didn't realize where there (crap like Saving Abel, Hinder, etc). I also don't expect bands like Foo Fighters and RHCP to play.

    I expect to see Volbeat and Lacuna Coil. I'm hopeful for System, and Soundgarden would be amazing. I also expect at least a couple of the following - RED, Chevelle, Mastodon, Shinedown, Evanescence.

    I would also like to see Flyleaf, Rammstein, Slayer, and The Used.

    If they wanted to mix it up a bit, they could add things like Queens of the Stone Age, Toadies, NIN, Alexisonfire, and Unwritten Law.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is actually my guesses for last year's ROTR, not 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw shit, my bad! In that case, good try!

    ReplyDelete