1/28/11

Corey Taylor Joining Velvet Revolver? Part 2

As we discussed earlier on this blog (here), it is strongly rumored that Corey Taylor is Velvet Revolver's new lead singer. After Taylor did an interview with Billboard today, it seems that the rumor is even more likely than originally thought. While being interviewed by Billboard Magazine on the possibility of him joining VR, Taylor stated "To be continued!" and had a long, hearty laugh, before declining to say anything furtherbut don't take my work for it read it yourself. Sounds to me like Corey either is the new lead singer, or at least knows who it is.

The interview got even more juicy when Taylor hand this to say about his future with Slipknot.
 "There's a lot of things I've got to figure out about myself before I can even contemplate that," he explains. "There's a big part of me that wonders if I'm the guy for that band anymore. I'm in such a different place in my life...musically, spiritually. I'm not the angry kid anymore. A lot of things don't mean the same to me anymore, and there's a lot of things I don't feel like saying anymore. Does it make sense anymore? We'll just have to see."

Wow, so Corey may be taking a break from Slipknot (do have some summer European Festival dates booked) and starting a new chapter in his very busy musical career as the frontman of Velvet Revolver. Personally I have Taylor does join VR, and return to Slipknot when he's ready.

Read the whole Billboard interview here.

1 comment:

  1. I think Corey Taylor would be a perfect fit for Velvet Revolver. I never thought that Weiland totally worked for that style, but Taylor definitely would.

    ReplyDelete