12/7/10

Some Music News


- Metal pioneers and legends, Judas Priest, have annouced today that 2011 will see the band launching their last world tour. Wanting to give their fans one last time to see the ultimate metal expierence that is Judas Priest live, the band will hit all the world's major cities on this tour. The Epitah World Tour's first dates are available here. Very sad news, not sure if this means that Judas Priest are done recording together, or if this is just thier last major tour. We'll have to wait and see. If they don't come to the Twin Cities than I'll know Minnesota does not have a major world city.


-On the heels of a new live album, Remember to Live, Flyleaf will be taking a break for a while as lead singer Lacey Mosley annouced she is pregnant with her first child.

-Jay Weinberg, son of the famous Max Weinberg from the E Street Band, will be filling in for Against Me!'s drummer George Rebelo on their upcoming December tour.

-Willie Nelson has dodged a felony charge as his pot bust was lowered to a misdomear. Not sure how that's possible, did his 6 ounces of Marijuanna magically become 4 ounces. Glad he's not going to jail, he'll pay some bullshit fine, but seems pretty dumb to me. Willie has taken the whole thing in stride even recommending on his website for fans to donate to the Hudspeth County Sherriff's Office's annual Christmas toy drive; the same county that arrested him. Good for you Willie, take that higher ground. In a recent interview with TMZ, Snoop Dogg came to his pot smoking friend's corner saying:
TMZ: What do you think of Willie Nelson being arrested, what happened to Willie Nelson, getting caught with 6 oz of weed?

Snoop Dogg: ”They better leave Willie the *&$% alone, man!” said Snoop to TMZ. Why are you ^#%@&ing with Willie, Man? Willie Nelson is a legend, man. Really, sometimes you gotta back off certain people and have a certain amount of respect for your elders. You know what I’m saying? Willie Nelson is our elder. He’s somebody who lived through many decades of music and hard times and what not and living good and going up and down. So give him that respect.”

“Who’s the *#&^-^@% that arrested him? I want to know who’s the police officer that said ‘You’re under arrest. You’ve got a right to remain silent.’ You dumb *&@%@&&, you. You stupid ^%@#~! you. What you think you going to gain by arresting Willie Nelson? He got out and he back smoking right now!”

TMZ: What you’re favorite cush?
Snoop Dogg: My favorite cush? Snoop Dogg Cush You know what I want to say about that Snoop Dogg cush? “It’s always on my mind, it was always on my mind. You know I love you Willie Nelson, I love you to death, like a @*%&*, you’re my #($* peep.
I said it before, and I’ll say it again, if you’ve got a problem with Willie Nelson, you got a problem with me.
I got a weed license, so you can’t take me to jail for smoking weed. Matter of fact, I got some on me right now.”

1 comment: