12/3/10

Billboard Blitz

We're back and it's time for the Billboard Blitz, running down the top 10 albums in America.

10. Glee- The Music, The Christmas Album
So, I don't watch Glee, I'm not that interested in Glee, but hey here it is so let's listen to some Glee Christmas.

Really nothing special here. The Glee cast do a standard cover of George Michael and Wham!'s hit Christmas song; it's a lil more poppy and definitely over sung, especially towards the end. This song always makes me laugh a little, cause the chick singing is so sure she wont get her heart trashed this year. Why, wasn't last year's man also special before he broke it off. How can you be so sure it won't happen again this year. Yep, it's the ditsy high school Christmas song.

9. Ne-Yo- Libra Scale

Well I don't really mind this song, lol, and Ne-Yo's drunk Michael Jackson choreography is pretty funny. Plus he makes a great point in his song, woman are monsters. Keep the dance floor bumping Ne-Yo.

8. My Chemical Romance- Danger Days: The True of the Fabulous Killjoys

The Black Parade is apparently over and it looks like the Emo boys have been hanging out in Japan. I personally like this new song, welcome back boys maybe I'll have to check out the new disc. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever made it all the way through their last album....or their first....oh well.

7. Justin Bieber- My Worlds Acoustic
Fuck you Biebs, why won't you go away. Did you know he's released 7 music videos this year? Wow, but since there is no video for his acoustic album, we're going to watch a video from Kid Rock, who's new album is at #11.

It appears that Kid Rock has entered the Bob Seeger phase of his career. Makes sense, his last hit was an honest but still horrible Lynyrd Skynyrd rip off. Ya fuck this song, it's not horrible but really, I'd rather be listening to the real deal. Seeger's lyrics were a lot less cliche and obvious.

6. Rihanna- Loud

I've liked a number of Rihanna's songs in the past, but here I am not a fan. Mercifully, guest artist Drake only has a one verse go around (god does he suck ass) but I get tired of the constant replaying of the chorus. I suppose they had to though, the verses Rihanna is given are just badly written sexual innuendos. Where's that umbrella?


5. Jackie Evancho- O Holy Night

Holy shit. God dam this chick can sing, it's literally enchanting, a spectacularly beautiful take on "O Holy Night." But wait, she's only 10, @#@#$%%, dear god......that is incredible. She apparently got her big exposure for being on America's Got Talent, where she came in second place. Second place? Who the fuck got first, she's ten years old for god's sake and sings like a fucking angel. Lol, I bet her parents are not looking forward to her hitting puberty, anyone remember Billy

4. Taylor Swift- Speak Now

America's sweetheart penn's a romantic ditty about falling in love. While I would never listen to Taylor on my own time, I gotta admit, the chick's got some songwriting chops. A story, a singable chorus, and well flowing non retarded or cliche verses, kudos.

3. Susan Boyle- The Gift

She's not ten, but Susan Boyle can sure sing. On this Christmas album, Susan tackles a Lou Reed number. Now, I know we did a pretty big bash on Mr. Reed a few days back, but hey, while he may be an asshole the musics still good. Susan's take can not hold a candle to Reed's, it's just too grandiose; the mood's not right. I will say though, if I was a murderer, I would totally play Susan's version while I tortured my victims. So I guess the track has some purpose.

2. Nicki Minaj- Pink Friday


It was a very good holiday release week for Nicki, bested only by Kanye's released. On this lighter track, Nicki gives it up for her man. It's good, I haven't really heard a lot from Nicki but she's a fast rising star, and if she keeps putting out quality tracks like this, she's gonna be a superstar.


1. Kanye West- My Dark Twisted Fantasy

Kanye's super well reviewed album is ruling the country right now. On "Power" he sounds just that. Laying down rhymes over sprawling beats. I definatley can get into this riding adventure. Though I think hes' a stupid douche bag, I won't deny this song's success. Now the question is whether or not I can stomach the whole album.

No comments:

Post a Comment