11/21/10

Goals 2011

I know it's a bit early, but the falling snow and winter storms have me dreaming of next year's concert season. Unfortunately 2010 was a bit of a bust year, where more concerts went missed than seen. U2 was postponed, Simon and Garfunkell cancelled, not to mention Willie Nelson postponed 6 months. No matter though, I saw some great acts over the year and in 2011 is gonna be even greater. So here is a short list of goals for the 2011 year (hopefully I can keep a few of them).

read more after the jump



1. Willie- If 2010 taught me anything it was how much I absolutely love Willie Nelson. I finally saw him live and in concert this past October, and don't want to make the Red Headed Stranger much of a stranger any longer. He was so amazing live I have to see him in 2011, and so am making a bold two-part goal:
1). Willie's 4th of July Picnic. The last five years has featured the likes of Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp, Jamey Johnson, Kris Kristofferson, David Allen Coe., Drive By Truckers, and of course Willie. Going would mean a road trip to Texas, and a concert battle against the Texas heat. I'm game.
2). Farm Aid. I really should have made an effort to go this year, but depending on the location, next year might be the right time to help Willie, Neil, John, and Dave save America's farmers.

2. ROTR- This year, like every year for the past five, Faribault's favorite concert sons will cross the mighty Midwest to a soccer stadium in Ohio. We're not going to see some shitty soccer match though, we're going to Rock on The Range, America's top metal and hard-rock weekend. This year is the 5th anniversary with an officially birthday party on Friday before kicking off another head banging weekend of music. Girls from the East will hopefully join us, and I fucking hope Soundgarden is headlining. This one's for sure happening.

3. Bonnaroo- Bonnaroo is the greatest concert America has. There is no debate, no other festival has come anywhere near the unbelievable magnitude Bonnaroo musters each year. In 2010, Bonnaroo celebrates its 10th anniversary so you know its gonna be fucking good. I hate myself for not going last year, and I don't want to be hating myself again come 2012. June 9-12, fucking Tennessee here I come. (If I fail Lollapalooza's in August, I'm fucking going to one of them this year and I hope it's Bonnaroo).






4. More Outlaws- Sadly I'm never going take my father with me to see Jerry Jeff Walker. I've tried for the past three years, and failed each year for one reason or another. I'm going to see Jerry Jeff this year, not ifs, ands, or buts about it. Whether I go alone or with a posse does not matter, my ears cant go another year without some "Redneck Mother". Also I want to see Michael Martin Murphey, if he wanders out of Texas Minnesota way, I'll be there.

5. U2 360- U2's 2010 concert in Minneapolis was postponed due to Bono needing back surgery. Postponed a whole fucking year. So now when July 23 finally rolls around, and Bono takes center stage, I'm gonna be ready. Hear me now U2 fans, I will be in the front row for the floor. I'm a heard rocking metal-head ready to eat your whimpy Irish loving asses to get up close and personal with The Edge. Watch yourself, I'm gonna be there fucking early, and I'm taking now prisoners. See the pic below, I'm gonna be right in that middle ring man, hellz ya.

6. Bag of Legends- Nothing I love more than bagging me some legends. Last year Simon & Garfunkel slipped through me fingers, but I won'ts lets them gets away again. Oh no. Also on my radar for possible 2011 sightings: Bob Seeger, Paul McCartney, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, Tom Waits, Dylan (again). If they come I'll have to go.

7. Soundset- The recent loss of Minneapolis rapper Eydea has make me hungry for some live Rhymesayers action. I missed Soundset last year, but this time around I'm gonna take in all the Atmosphere, and rock out to a lil Brother Ali.

8. Metal- I wanna go to some kick ass balls to the fucking walls real metal show. I'm not talking Sevendust, or Korn or anything Nu, I want some black metal, some fucking Norweigan Metal motherfuckers. Maybe get my Finntroll on and mosh the fucking night away.

9. Expansion- Ever get sick of the same old clubs, amphitheaters, and theaters (not really), next year I want me some new road for my hungry roadwarrior belly. I want to conquer a new state and rock it's little mind away. I'm looking at you Dakotas, maybe a lil Fargo action, crank the Willie.

10. McDonalds- I want to get into tip top fucking concert shape so I can make this year my bitch and slap it around like the abused Irish bride it should be. It wont be easy, and I've failed at this goal before but.....hey, it's worth a shot right?


Bow to Kronos, the concert god.


No comments:

Post a Comment