9/28/10

Billboard Blitz!

Listen up motherfucker, you wanted and now you got it, the Billboard top ten with commentary for fucking Muse-Zach. Taste that god dam rainbow fool, hope your ears are hungry.

20. Kem- Intimacy: Album 3
19. Stone Sour- Audio Secrecy
18. Mumford and Sons- Sigh No More
17. Lady GaGa- The Fame
16. Usher- Versus
15. Drake- Thank Me Later
14. Florence & The Machine- Lungs
13. Fantasia- Back to Me
12. Sara Baraeilles- Kaleidoscope Heart
11. Disturbed- Asylum

10. My World 2.0- Justin Bieber
Sad enough he's still breathing, but the lil fucker has no place in my top 10. GET THE FUCK OUT!!! Following their VMA performance, Florence & The Machine jumped up the charts from #44 to #14. Anyone actually watch the VMA? I caught it on rerun this morning on MTV2, the shit was confusing and boring. Maybe I'm just out of touch. Whatever.

(Dam that was pretty fucking awesome video and song, rock on Florence)

9. Teenage Dream- Katy Perry
Sorry Elmo, because of some complainy parents your Sesame Street duet with Katy Perry got pulled. I know, I know your a happy little red puppet looking to chill with the ladies on the pretty unsexy Sesame Street. This one is additionally dedicated to my fave lil niece who loves you Elmo, but sadly cant understand type or use a computer. Hopefully some gracious soul will navigate her to his page and this video.

(I understand parents wanting to keep their children away from pop music, but.....ya would have been better if someone like Lemmy Kilmeister had been there)

8. Flamingo- Brandon Flowers
Taking a break from Killing, Brandon Flowers goes solo. I'm curious to hear the new album, critics have been so-so in reviews but what do they know; most of them panned The Killers excellant second album Sam's Town. Here is track 14 "Right Behind You" from the album.

(Pretty good, I like it but....seems kind of like a filler track off a Killers album. Maybe it just needs a second listen)

7. Now 35- Various Artist
Hmmmm what tracks haven't we heard off of this yet?

(Fuck the haters, I like Nickelback. Rock on Canadians)


(Never heard of this pop-rock band before, and this song is not terrible. Fun tidbit the band played Hannah Montanna's backing band in Hannah Montanna: The Movie. Ouch.)

6. Hurley- Weezer
Rivers is a strange fellow taking his band to strange and mediocre places. Luckily the sub-par recent releases have inspired the band to go on tour playing the classic 90's albums that made them loved by millions of smart inner tortured youths. I mean I like Lost and all....but WTF man.

(Huh, garbage. Just sounds like uninspired formula rock to me. I dunno maybe I'm not much of a Weezer fan, but I did enjoy their early singles....I really need to watch some Lost I'm way behind on that show)

5. Band of Joy- Robert Plant
Zep fans be damned, the old Viking has a new music passion and a new audience of adoring fans (myself included). Great to hear Plant and his band covering these wonderful songs, especially two by Duluth's own LOW. It's been a long time since you rock and rolled, but the man is still putting out quality music.


4. The Guitar Song- Jamey Johnson
Country music's heir to the throne of Willie, Waylon, and Cash in my personal opinion. Jamey kicks ass and writes great songs.....except when he co-wrote "Honkey Tonk Badonkadonk" a few years back. But Muse-Zach can forgive, and this album is a must buy.

(Beautiful)

3. Recovery- Eminem
Just no stopping this guy, hanging on to the third spot again no matter who challenges him. Good work man, and now for something completely different the new video from Alice In Chains. Enjoy.

(Amazing video from and amazing band. Keep those grunge riffs coming Jerry.

2. Passion, Pain & Pleasure Trey Songz
I have know idea who Trey Songz is, but I find it humorous that Trey got his foot in the door by recording "Open Closet" a response to R. Kelly's famous "Trapped in the Closet" songs.

(No likey, please close the fuckin closet. Lol did remind me that Anna Nicole Smith was dead.)

1. A Thousand Suns- Linkin Park
Linkin Park survives and remains popular even as Nu-Metal movement of the late 90s early 00s has come and gone. They even played the VMA's last week, and there was like no rock groups present (except 30 Seconds to Mars). This disc demands more exploration because their last album was excellent, containing some of the group's best songs.)


Time to find last week's top 10:
10. Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam23
9. Anberlin 62
8. Justin Bieber 10
7. Interpol 35
6. Audio Secrecy- Stone Sour 19
5. Disturbed 11
4. Katy Perry 9
3. Now 35 7
2. Eminem 3
1. Sara Bareilles 12

No comments:

Post a Comment