9/17/10

Billboard Blitz

Blitz, blitz, it's a Billboard Blitz. This week we're gonna try somthing new and actually list the ten albums that just missed the top ten before diving into the top albums.

20. Zac Brown Band The Foundation
19. Lady GaGa The Fame
18. Ray Lamontagne & the Pariah Dogs God Willing and the Creek Dont Rise
17. Arcade Fire The Suburbs
16. Mumford & Sons Sigh No More
15. Usher Versus
14. Kem Intimacy: Album 3
13. Drake Thank Me Later
12. Lady Antebellum Need You Now
11. Fantasia Back to Me (Get out of the Top 10 bitch)

10. Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam- Various Artist
Yay, we get to start the list with shit. Well fuck that, did you know that Celtic Thunder have a new Christmas CD out? Oh yes, the traditional Celtic performers who my father once called me about at 4 am one night to proclaim how we had to see them are getting the holiday season started a whee bit early laddy. I'm sure it's leprahcan Christmas gold, good work at debuting at number 27 boys.

(Ah, a wonderful early gift from the green Isles)

9. Dark is the Way, Light is a Place- Anberlin
Anberlin is an alternative (WTF does this word even mean anymore) rock band, that I've never been into and if memory serves correctly I've disliked any music output I've run across. This is their fifth studio release, and their highest charting release. I'm all about second chances, let's give it a go boys.

(I stand corrected, this is actually a good song. I'll have to rethink Anberlin, obviously my bad-band-rap associated with them was misplaced)

8. My World 2.0- Justin Bieber
Go the Fuck away you little pretty boy piece of shit.....One of rocks first players and legends, Jerry Lee Lewis, has a new album out properly entitled Mean Old Man and features a large host of guest musicans. Kris Kristofferson even wrote the title track. Debuting at #30 the Killer, the Piano Thumper, the son of a bitch that toured with Elvis and Johnny Cash back in the 50s, and married his cousin oh boy, Great Balls of Fire, it's Jerry Lee Lewis.

(A great send up Kris, if I was an old man I'd play this song at least 50 times a day. Be my pop's new theme song.)

7. Interpol- Interpol
In case you forgot, Interpol still exist and dammit I would have seen them by now if U2 had'nt cancelled their summer tour...oh wait I'm sorry postponed to next fucking year. Oh well, maybe I'll never see Interpol, which is a shame cause they've got some pretty good tracks. I'm only a casual fan....New disc is their fourth and critics generally are not approving, saying the band has lost their previous magic. That sucks, but judge for yourself.

(Dam the lead singer has a awesome and unique voice. The song is decent but nothing special, honestly I'll proably never listen to the album. Sorry Interpol.)

6. Audio Secrecy- Stone Sour
Slipknot off the road can only mean one thing, the triumphant return of Corey Taylor's other band Stone Sour. They've never disapointed me before and I'm sure the new disc steller. Sadly Stone Sour failed to keep the #1 album debuts of their Uproar Tour Peers Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed accomplished.

(Another radio friendly rock anthem for the Iowa boys.)

5. Asylum- Disturbed
At week 2, Disturbed hangs on the top five. David Draiman continues to put on a great show and give his fans the same hard rocking songs they've come to expect from Chicago band.

(Yes, did you not expect it to be disturbing?)

4. Teenage Dream- Katy Perry
Week 3 and the candy kissing girl hottie is slowly sliping down the top ten. Interesting thing about Katy Perry, apparently the Aussie's are really digging her new album. The single "California Gurls" has already gone 3x Platinum there, and "Teenage Dream" has gone Platinum. Wonder how her newly released single will fair?

(Might be better than Teenage Dream, but I dunno sounds pretty mediocre to me.)

3. NOW 35- Various Artist
The mix CD is still getting it done 34 sequels into the series. Let's listen to three random vids from this bitch we have yet to play(post) here at Muse-Zach and see how they sound. Ok?

Black Eyed Peas- Imma Be Rocking That Body

(Video is so fucking long....skipping aheard....why the fuck did I pick this song...oh ya it was random....wow such horrible shit. Can not believe I once liked this band.)

Jaron and The Long Road- I Pray

(I have no idea who this fuck is and I was ready to rip him a new one when the song started but....it's a lil bit funny. Plus I like how this Christen has excepted God's ultimate evilness and decided to use it to his advantage.)

Jerod Niemann- Lover, Lover

(Little surprised at all the country music on this CD, Niemann is another I have no info on. I do like this song though, he's got a good hook, interesting vocal backings, and unique lyrical content. Cowboyhat tipp to you friend.)

2. Recovery- Eminem
Another week, another big sale for Eminem. We've been through all three singles from the album so....let's look at the new release from Atmosphere. The Minnesota rappers collaborated with a bunch of their friends to drop this new EP To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy.

(Ahhh yeahh motherfuckers Atmosphere laying it down Minneapolis/St.Paul style.)

1. Kaleidoscope Heart- Sara Bareilles
Very hott, smart, and talented Sara Bareilles scores #1 this week behind a piano her hands are all over. Play on sister Muse-Zach approves.

(I am the motherfucking king of everything Sara....on this website, good song by the way.)

Hey man that's the top 10, but what in tarnation happened to last weeks 10, well little crime solvers lets take a look.

1. Disturbed 5
2. NOW 35 3
3. Eminem 2
4. Katy Perry 4
5. Fantasia 11
6. Lyfe Jennings 22
7. Goo Goo Dolls 33
8. Bieber 8
9. Camp Rock 10
10. Heart 36

No comments:

Post a Comment