9/13/10

Billboard Blitz!!

What are the top selling albums in the U.S. well sir, lets take a look.

10. Red Velvet Car- Heart
These old gals are still getting it done. Heart, the 70's female rock band that gave us such excellant hits as "Crazy on You" "Magic Man" and "Barracuda", hits the charts for the first time since their double platinum 1990 album Brigade. With the popularity of Classic Rock showing no sigh of waining, and the fact that older fans are more likely to actually purchase physical CDs, we have and will continue to see older artist climb to new heights on the Billboard charts.

(Congrads to the Wilson sisters for returning to Heart's rock roots, but this song... it's not bad, I guess I'm not not interested in it at all. Reall does nothing for me, I'll listen to it without any convusions but without any uplift either.)

9. Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam Soundtrack
People, please stop buying shit music so I dont have to mention or listen to it on this blog. So....ugh....Camp Rock 2 is the Disney Channel original movie sequel to the Disney Channel original movie Camp Rock starring the JoBros and Demi Lovato (I have no idea who this is). As much as I hoped Biebermania would squelch the flames of the JoBros fame (come on Biebs do at least some unintended good to the music scene) they appear to be alive and well. Alright so let's hear a horrid song from this undoubtedly fucking stupid TV movie. Tisk tisk the original album went Platinum and this one in the four weeks its been out has also gone Platinum.

(Please do back down and fucking die so this High School Musical shit music can stop.)

8. My World 2.0 Justin Bieber
FUcking A man, this shit is still here, the albums been out for 24 weeks now, god dam. Whelp I'm not listening to another song from it, no way no how.

7. Somthing For The Rest of Us The Goo Goo Dolls
Another new debut, The Goo Goo Dolls are back for the first time since 2006's Gold certified LLet Love In. I've always liked the Goo Goo's, though I neither owne nor have listened to any of their albums, and it's good to see these 90's...I guess rock band would be the correct category, band back in the fold.

(Kind of song you would expect from the Goo Goo Dolls, and I can digg it.)

6. I Still Believe Lyfe Jennings
So...Lyfe Jenning's new album is also debuting on the charts, though I'm at least fairly certain I don't know who Lyfe Jennings is. Not really what else to say here, he's and R&B singer.

(Hahahaha fucking retarded. Horrible horrible song, and I'm pretty sure Lyfe doesn't understand the statistics he's singing about, lol you can't just add seperate studies to say 90% of men aren't up to snuff.)

5. Back To Me Fantasia
In the second week, Fantasia appears to still be alive and her album is unfortunately still in the top 10. Rather than talk about this bitch and her horrible new album and her horrible singing voice, let's jump on down to #17 on the Bilboard for a new release from 10 years. 10 Years have put out some good music in the past so I'm a little curious to hear somthing off their new record and you, the readers, might as well join me.

(Yeah, not really impressed with this song. Guess the band will never dublicate the awesomeness of their fist record.)

4. Teenage Dream Katy Perry
She kissed a girl and I liked it. Her last album went Platinum and I wouldn't be surprised if this one does too. Again it should be noted that Katy Perry is very hot and sexy.

(Last video was so much better. Really dont like this song or the way Katy sings it.)

3. Recovery Eminem
11 weeks on the charts, the white boy from Detroit is still running this top 10.

(Love how Rap artist constantly steal the best parts of classic songs and then rap over them. Here Eminem teams again with the currently jailed Lil Wayne, and I really dont like this song. Tired old rap formulas at play here.

2. Now 35 Various Artist
A corporate made mix tape of popular songs on the mostly pop airwaves of today. Let's take a look at the track listing.
No. Title Artist Length
1. "California Gurls" Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg 3:52
2. "Somebody to Love (Remix)" Justin Bieber featuring Usher 3:37
3. "Gettin' Over You" David Guetta and Chris Willis featuring Fergie and LMFAO 3:04
4. "Rock That Body" Black Eyed Peas 3:58
5. "Bulletproof" La Roux 3:25
6. "Alejandro" Lady Gaga 4:31
7. "Cooler Than Me" Mike Posner 3:32
8. "Billionaire" Travie McCoy featuring Bruno Mars 3:29
9. "Ridin' Solo" Jason DerĂ¼lo 3:23
10. "Impossible" Shontelle 3:44
11. "Pray for You" Jaron and the Long Road to Love 3:05
12. "This Afternoon" Nickelback 4:12
13. "Kissin' U" Miranda Cosgrove 3:16
14. "My First Kiss" 3OH!3 featuring Kesha 3:12
15. "Undo It" Carrie Underwood 2:56
16. "Lover, Lover" Jerrod Niemann 3:23
17. "Stronger" Jennette McCurdy 3:24
18. "Speakers" Days Difference 4:16
19. "Obsession" Sky Ferreira 3:41
20. "Shut the Front Door (Got My Girls)" Tiffany Dunn 3:47
I wouldn't buy this album, lots of awful song on here. So I've decided to post two videos for this album, on that I'm pretty sure I like, and one that I havent heard but Rob from Rolling Stone Magazine recommends.

(Yep I do like this video. Catchy techno pop, from an interesting Brit chick.)


(Like the energy here, but really can't say I like this song. It's not horrible though. Not really down with either Keysha or 3OH3!)

1. Asylum Disturbed
Apparently, America is still down with the sickness as Disturbed's new release debuts at #1. This is the groups fourth consecutive #1 album, sadly a feat only accomplished by two other Rock bands, Metallica and The Dave Matthews Band. These midwest rockers should be very proud, and hopfully continue rocking for years to come.

(Obviously taking aim at the recent BP fuck up, Disturbed unleases another hard hitting classic to their all ready deep cataloug. Though I would argue new ways to die are always cool in my book.)

So that's the top ten, to bad most of the songs and albums were kind of sucky. What can ya do. Let's take a look at last week's top 10 to see how the disc are fairing.

1. Katy Perry #4
2. Fantasia #5
3. Eminem #3
4. Usher #13
5. Little Big Town #25
6. Kem #11
7. Biebs #8
8. Randy Rogers Band #59
9. Ray Lamontagne #15
10. Devil Wears Prada #51

No comments:

Post a Comment