8/3/11

Finishing What Hank Started

Bob Dylan, Jack White, Lucinda Williams, Alan Jackson and a number of other artist have banned together in a new compilation, out October 4, to finish lost songs of Country Music Icon, Hank Williams. Ideas and lyrics were taken from Hank's resurrected notebooks, and finished by the artist on the complication. The  record is named The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams and the track listing is as follows:

Alan Jackson "You've Been Lonesome, Too"
Bob Dylan "The Love That Faded"

Norah Jones "How Many Times Have You Broken My Heart?"

Jack White "You Know That I Know"

Lucinda Williams "I'm So Happy I Found You"

Vince Gill and Rodney Crowell "I Hope You Shed a Million Tears"

Patty Loveless "You're Through Fooling Me"

Levon Helm "You'll Never Again Be Mine"

Holly Williams "Blue Is My Heart"

Jakob Dylan "Oh, Mama, Come Home"

Sheryl Crow "Angel Mine"

Merle Haggard "The Sermon on the Mount"

Dam the album has both Jackob and Bob Dylan, though I am kind of disappointed Willie Nelson isn't on this album, project seems right up his alley. Especially since Jack White claimed previously that Nelson was going to be on the album; here. Oh well, here's one of my fave Hank Williams' songs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment