3/30/11

The Office Sucks...Now

Oh Season 3 cast back when this show was still good


Is it just me, or does The Office suck? Don't get me wrong I used to love the show, but over the past few seasons.......it has lost the comedic charm that made the early seasons so special. To me the first 3 seasons are golden, love them. Season 4 was pretty good, but ultimately didn't measure up to it's predecessors and began to show signs of failure in the series. Unlike Seasons 1-3, Season 4 is the first season where I can not say I fully enjoyed every episode; many just had poor plots and the attempt to make Ryan more of a starring character was a failure in my mind. Season 5 is a mix bag of highs and lows. There are moments where the show is as good as it ever was and pushes the series in new creative directions, and than there are moments where the storyline fails miserably. For the most part the characters are still good, though Michael's rougher edges have been smoothed over, he's not offending anyone the way he used to. Season 6 is where things fall apart (the characters and the storyline) and my contempt for much of the show is born. Horrible new characters are introduced, older characters loose the qualities that made me like them in the first place, and episode plotlines are increasingly unfunny and stupid. Nothing improved in Season 7, the only light at the end of the tunnel is that maybe guest spots from Will Ferrell and Ricky Gervais can breath some comedy back into this dying show. If all else fails at least Steve Carrell had the gumption to call it quits, I doubt the show will survive long in his absence. But maybe you disagree with my ramble and feel I am in error, tune in later this week for my 10 Reasons Why The Office Sucks.

6 comments:

  1. I completely agree. I can hardly watch these new episodes. I'd rather watch reruns that I've already seen 10 times than watch the new episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate will ferrel he kills the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the Office has sucked since Season 4. Seasons 1-3 were great, Season 4 was pretty good, didn't care for Season 5, Season 6 sucked, and Season 7 I could care less about. The show has jumped the shark yet again with the arrival of Will Ferrell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Office is just plain bad now. I have stopped watching the new episodes. I still watch the early season reruns.Too bad because I really liked that show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fully agree with the person who said it was great for the first 3 seasons. It should have had a max run of 5 seasons. Even with Steve Carrell the later seasons were boring & unimaginative or downright terrible. And now it is just plain horrible. It is as if the writers have deserted as well. The story lines are cliche'd. The acting & direction are hammy. The humor 'tricks' are old. Old favorites are acting like morons & weirdos. It has become like a chewing gum whose taste has long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andy started off as a jerk, became a good guy, now he's an overbearing jerk again? who's writing this show? It seems totally out of sorts. Just give Dwight a spin-off already

    ReplyDelete