4/12/11

Tuesday's New Music


Ready you wallets boys and girls, with the onset of Record Store Day only a few days off in the distance (it's on Saturday) there are a shit load of new releases linning your local music store's shelf (unless your store is Walmart or Target; both continue to be music wastelands). Personally there are four albums I firmly have my eyes fixated on, but really with so many releases this week there should be somthing for everyone. Unless you hate music or just have very bad taste. Take a gander at my picks:

The Foo Fighters Wasted Light
Album # 7 for the Foo, and it's hard to remember a time when they sounded so confident and rip roaring. I've listened to this album 4 or 5 times now and it's a fucking rocker, really need to see Grohl light it up on stage this summer.

TV on the Radio Nine Types of Light
These guys can do no wrong in my book, everything they put out is funky, rocking, beautiful, and fucking magical. Buy this album, buy this album, buy this album.

Low C'mon
My Chemistry teacher always told me to keep it simple (stupid), Alan Sparhawk does just that in crafting thise elegant album. Low also has the best album name I've seen all year.

Alison Krauss and Union Station Paper Airplane
Hey, want country music that doesn't suck and is Pop free? Than buy this album, because Alison Krauss is incapable of making shitty music and when she's backed by Union Station........ohhhhh it's good my friend, very good.

New albums by The Foo Fighters, Low, and Alison Krauss can be streamed here.

Also releasing music this week:
Paul Simon
Atmosphere
Elbow
Holy Ghost!
K.D. Lang
Meat Puppets
Panda Bear
Thursday
.....and more I don't wish to mention

No comments:

Post a Comment